Submit your ideas in comment fields below, please
The overall purpose of the 2017 Next Library®Festival is to inspire innovation in public libraries as centres for learning, innovation, creativity for citizens and community engagement.
The 2017 Next Library Festival aims to provide inspiration, knowledge and insights that will enable the participants to become active game changers and transformers of library services and facilities in close proximity with users and stakeholders in their own community.
The Festival will gather participants from all over the world with diverse experiences and perspectives that can inspire each other in the sharing and development of cutting edge rethinking and practices of public libraries.
The 2017 Next Library® Festival invites attendees and partners to participate in shaping the program and themes.
RETHINK is the overall Theme, but we need to decide a number of sub-themes in order to ensure a scope of relevance and perspective for the future of libraries across the world.
Which topics are most relevant for the future of libraries from your point of view?
Use the comment field below to submit your ideas for the Festival (note: you must be signed in to leave a comment). We want your ideas for Topics, challenges, speakers, events, interactive sessions etc.
A few suggestions for themes for Next Library 2017:
- Community engagement & democracy
- Social inclusion
- Digital Literacy, (and tweens & teens)
- Smart City –Big Data, building trust, the library as first movers on open data, E-governance
- (Counter)Play in libraries & organizations
- Libraries in times of Crises
- Gender Equality
- Music in libraries – promoting music in libraries. Music is an important cultural language that can promote inclusion, integration and understanding across cultural background, generations etc.)
- SmartLibrary – investigation user tracks in library spaces (also called POE; Post Occupancy Evaluation)
- upcoming technology trends
- libraries as space for learning, meeting, performing and inspiration
- Branding libraries
Add a Comment